Friday, August 10, 2012

I'm insane....(I think)

I'm moving again. New country, new firm. Will I find what I am looking for this time? Do I even know what it is I am looking for? I don't know how much longer I can keep changing these variables and expecting a different result. I think I am edging ever closer to Einstein's definition of insanity - repeating the same action over and over again and expecting a different result. This is my fourth move in four years....I am well aware this is becoming a bit ridiculous but then it does confirm one thing for me. I am doing darn well in my career because people certainly keep headhunting me and well that bit is very very flattering. I do feel a bit like one of those movie characters who spend all their life focused on this one thing only to realize later in life that they got their priorities all wrong. I am finding myself less and less okay with being alone. Coming home to an empty place is no longer serene and calming but instead dark and lonely. This is a rambling post, mostly because I should be excited and happy about the upcoming changes in my life, except, I am so sure that this is going to change very little in how I feel about myself and the pointlessness of my very existence on this planet. This is really rather scary.

No comments: